WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner said on Monday that he “did not collude” with Russia and had roughly four meetings with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign and presidential transition. In a written statement released ahead of his appearance before lawmakers in closed-door sessions, Kushner said […]
17 soldiers wounded in PKK attack in southeast Turkey
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey’s military says Kurdish rebels have detonated an improvised explosive device as a military vehicle passed by, wounding 17 soldiers.
A military statement said the attack occurred Monday near the town of Yusekova, in the mainly Kurdish province of Hakkari.
The statement said the soldiers were quickly evacuated and hospitalized. Four of them were in serious condition.
The Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK, has waged a three-decade long insurgency in southeast Turkey. Tens of thousands were killed in the conflict.
Violence flared again in 2015 after the collapse of a two-year peace process.
The group is considered a terrorist group by Turkey, the U.S. and the European Union.
- President Trump’s son-in-law Kushner says ‘I did not collude’ with foreign government
Jul 24, 2017
- Farmer blocked at market over religious views on marriage
Jul 20, 2017
- Calif. Retirement community is curbing Bible studies
Jul 20, 2017
- Sean Spicer resigns as White House spokesman
Jul 21, 2017
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
Jul 18, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Jul 21, 2017