SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
2 immigrant farmworkers arrested after Ben & Jerry’s march
ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) — Protesters are showing support for two immigrant dairy farmers arrested after marching to a Vermont Ben & Jerry’s factory to call for better pay and living conditions on farms that provide milk to the ice cream maker.
The state Department of Corrections said Monday that Mexican immigrants Yesenia Hernandez-Ramos and Esau Peche-Ventura were arrested Saturday and are being held on immigration charges.
A U.S. Border Patrol spokesman tells Vermont Public Radio they were stopped in a routine check a few miles away from the U.S.-Canada border.
Protesters were outside a correctional facility and a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office Monday.
Ben & Jerry’s says it’s concerned hardworking members of the community who contribute to the success of dairy farms in Vermont would face criminalization.
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Sat, Aug 19, 2017