RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — President Donald Trump says the first day of his maiden international trip has been “tremendous.” Trump was largely kept away from reporters during a busy day of meetings and ceremonies in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. But late in the day, he said deals the U.S. government and private sector reached would […]
Brazil plea-bargain testimony says President Michel Temer took $4.6 million in bribes
SAO PAULO (Reuters) – Brazil’s Supreme Court released plea-bargain testimony on Friday that includes accusations President Michel Temer received 15 million reais ($4.6 million) in bribes in 2014 before he took office from executives of meatpacking giant JBS SA.
The testimony also claims former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva received $50 million in bribes in offshore accounts from JBS, while ex-President Dilma Rousseff took $30 million in bribes in offshore accounts.
Lawyers for Lula did not immediately respond to requests for comment. A lawyer for Rousseff could not immediately be located. Both former leaders have repeatedly proclaimed their innocence.
(Reporting by Brad Brooks; Editing by Daniel Flynn)
- President Trump wins warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
May 20, 2017
- New Russia probe leaks threaten to derail Trump’s foreign trip
May 19, 2017
- Toddler found wandering street at night reunited with family
May 22, 2017
- President Trump visits Israel in search of revived peace process
May 22, 2017
- Suicide bomber kills at least 22, including children, at Britain concert
May 23, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, May 19, 2017