By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
Brazil plea-bargain testimony says President Michel Temer took $4.6 million in bribes
SAO PAULO (Reuters) – Brazil’s Supreme Court released plea-bargain testimony on Friday that includes accusations President Michel Temer received 15 million reais ($4.6 million) in bribes in 2014 before he took office from executives of meatpacking giant JBS SA.
The testimony also claims former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva received $50 million in bribes in offshore accounts from JBS, while ex-President Dilma Rousseff took $30 million in bribes in offshore accounts.
Lawyers for Lula did not immediately respond to requests for comment. A lawyer for Rousseff could not immediately be located. Both former leaders have repeatedly proclaimed their innocence.
(Reporting by Brad Brooks; Editing by Daniel Flynn)
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- The Latest: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake facing challenges in Arizona
Aug 11, 2017
- White nationalists rally ignites Virginia clashes
Aug 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Aug 11, 2017