VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – Pope Francis urged President Donald Trump to be a peacemaker at their highly anticipated first meeting on Wednesday, and Trump promised he would not forget the pontiff’s message. Under clear blue skies, Trump, who exchanged sharp words with the pope during the U.S. election campaign last year, received a tribute from […]
Britain’s government says it will trigger Article 50, signaling EU departure, on March 29
LONDON (AP) — Britain’s government says it will trigger Article 50, signaling Britain’s departure from the European Union, on March 29.
The Department for Exiting the European Union said in a statement that Britain’s permanent representative to the EU, Tim Barrow, informed the European Council President Donald Tusk of the timing on Monday morning. The notification of triggering Article 50 will come in the form of a letter.
Brexit Secretary David Davis said in a statement that the country is “on the threshold of the most important negotiation” for a generation.
- Trump meets Pope in Vatican, vows not to forget his message
May 24, 2017
- Suicide bomber kills at least 22, including children, at Britain concert
May 23, 2017
- Texas House passes ‘bathroom bill’ targeting public schools
May 23, 2017
- President Trump wins warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
May 20, 2017
- New Russia probe leaks threaten to derail Trump’s foreign trip
May 19, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, May 17, 2017