EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan city is defending a decision to keep an apple grower away from its outdoor market because of his views on same-sex marriage. East Lansing urged a judge to reject an injunction that would force the city to bring Stephen Tennes back to the market. Tennes has said he […]
Coast Guard rescues 4 during annual boat race
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued four people from a capsized boat on Lake Michigan during the annual Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac Island, Michigan.
The Coast Guard says the four were clinging to the vessel’s hull and only two were wearing life jackets when rescued Sunday off the lakeshore community of Fox Point north of Milwaukee. The Coast Guard says the four are in good condition.
WISN-TV says another person was rescued by a citizen after falling overboard in a separate incident Sunday.
The 333-mile (540-kilometer) yacht race starts off Chicago. The first 40 boats finished Sunday and Monday. Winners are determined based on a handicapping system. Organizers say about 80 of the nearly 300 boats in the race withdrew — many due to rough weather.
- Farmer blocked at market over religious views on marriage
Jul 20, 2017
- The vice president says the U.S. embassy in Israel will move
Jul 19, 2017
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
Jul 18, 2017
- White House defends impromptu prayer in Oval Office
Jul 13, 2017
- A church in Arizona has opened a coffee shop as a bridge to its community
Jul 18, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Jul 11, 2017