By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
Cuban pastor released from prison, can resume church work
A Cuban pastor, who was sentenced to one year in a correctional facility in April, will be allowed to resume his work as a church leader.
Pastor Ramon Rigal of the Church of God in Cuba had his sentence reduced.
However, he and his wife are still under house arrest for home-schooling their children.
Christian Solidarity Worldwide welcomes the news that Rigal will be able to continue leading his church. But it calls on the Cuban government to cancel the “unwarranted sentences” and stop harassing the family and their church.
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- The Latest: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake facing challenges in Arizona
Aug 11, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
- Slick Britain win shock 4×100 relay gold as Bolt pulls up
Aug 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 17, 2017