DUNWOODY, Ga. (AP) — In a story April 19 about a runoff election in Georgia’s 6th Correctional District, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a voter. She is Shari Sprigle, not Shari Springle. A corrected version of the story is below: Runoff in Georgia House race could test Trump, opposition Both major parties are […]
A defeat for the pro-life movement in Mississippi
A federal court has permanently blocked a state law that threatened to close Mississippi’s only abortion clinic by setting a hospital-privileges requirement the clinic couldn’t fulfill.
The ruling comes eight months after the U.S. Supreme Court blocked a similar law in Texas.
Mississippi was one of several states with laws saying physicians who work at an abortion clinics must have admitting priviledges at a local hospital, in
case of a botched abortion.
- Georgia House race down to 2 candidates, plus Trump, Pelosi
Apr 19, 2017
- Missing Tennessee student found with teacher in California
Apr 21, 2017
- Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell
Apr 19, 2017
- N.Korea warns of “super-mighty preemptive strike” as U.S. plans next move
Apr 20, 2017
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
Apr 23, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Apr 19, 2017