By Ginny McCabe WYOMING, Ohio (Reuters) – An American university student who was returned to the United States this week after being held in North Korea for 17 months has a severe brain injury and is in a state of “unresponsive wakefulness,” doctors said on Thursday. Otto Warmbier, 22, who arrived in the United States […]
Diana Taurasi breaks WNBA career scoring record
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Diana Taurasi became the WNBA’s career scorer leader, passing Tina Thompson’s mark of 7,488 on Sunday against Los Angeles.
Taurasi needed 14 points coming into the game, and broke Thompson’s record late in the first half on a layup with the Phoenix Mercury trailing big.
The game was stopped and the crowd, which included former Lakers star Kobe Bryant, gave Taurasi a warm ovation.
It only took the Mercury’s star 13 seasons to become the league’s top scorer. Thompson needed 17 seasons to achieve her total.
Earlier in the season, Taurasi set the career 3-pointer record, passing Katie Smith.
- U.S. student freed from North Korea has severe brain injury
Jun 15, 2017
- Van rams worshippers leaving London mosque, injuring 10
Jun 19, 2017
- U.S. Navy destroyer, Philippines merchant vessel collide off Japan
Jun 16, 2017
- American detainee’s death in North Korea baffles experts
Jun 20, 2017
- Trump visits U.S. Supreme Court as justices weigh travel ban
Jun 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Jun 16, 2017