By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
Italy probes Milan train station attacker for alleged international terrorism: source
MILAN (Reuters) – Prosecutors in Milan are investigating a man who stabbed a policeman and two army officers at the city’s main train station on Thursday for alleged international terrorism, an investigative source said on Friday.
Ismail Hosni, 20, attacked the three men on Thursday night after they asked to see his identity papers. None of the three suffered life threatening injuries.
Italian media reported Hosni had dual Italian, Tunisian nationality and had been born in Milan.
(Reporting by Manuela D’Alessandro, Writing by Isla Binnie; Editing by Crispian Balmer)
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- The Latest: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake facing challenges in Arizona
Aug 11, 2017
- White nationalists rally ignites Virginia clashes
Aug 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 10, 2017