MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) – At least 22 people, including some children, were killed and 59 were wounded when a suicide bomber struck as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday. Prime Minister Theresa May called an emergency meeting with intelligence chiefs […]
Judge blocks pro-life rules in Missouri
(AP) A federal judge has issued a preliminary injunction to block pro-life rules in Missouri, saying he’s bound by the Supreme Court’s ruling last year striking down similar Texas guidelines.
U.S. District Judge Howard Sachs granted the injunction at the request of Planned Parenthood and Missouri abortion clinics.
Sachs’ ruling invalidates Missouri’s requirements that doctors who perform abortions have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, and that clinics meet hospital-like standards for outpatient surgery.
Last summer the nation’s high court threw out similar Texas rules.
- Suicide bomber kills at least 22, including children, at Britain concert
May 23, 2017
- President Trump wins warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
May 20, 2017
- New Russia probe leaks threaten to derail Trump’s foreign trip
May 19, 2017
- Toddler found wandering street at night reunited with family
May 22, 2017
- President Trump visits Israel in search of revived peace process
May 22, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, May 16, 2017