SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
Kansas doctor faces questions over 13-year-old girl’s abortion
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – A doctor facing possible disciplinary action over allegations that he broke Kansas law in handling a 13-year-old girl’s abortion told medical regulators he was unaware of the patient’s age – and that staff at the Planned Parenthood clinic was to blame.
Dr. Allen Palmer told the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts during a hearing Thursday that he would have relied on Planned Parenthood’s staff to inform him if the patient during the December 2014 procedure was younger than 14 because he didn’t do abortions on patients so young.
Palmer is accused of failing to preserve fetal tissue from the abortion and submit it to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
The petition by the board’s deputy litigation counsel says Palmer was a part-time Planned Parenthood contractor solely tasked with performing abortions for patients in their first trimester.
The board deferred a ruling, which is expected within 30 days.
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Aug 18, 2017