CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (Reuters) – A man said to have harbored Nazi sympathies as a teenager before a failed bid to join the U.S. Army was due in court on Monday to face charges he plowed his car into protesters opposing a white nationalist rally in Virginia, killing a woman and injuring 19. The bail hearing […]
Landslide strands about 13,000 Indian pilgrims
LUCKNOW, India (AP) — A landslide stranded about 13,000 Indian pilgrims near a revered Hindu temple site in northern India on Friday, but caused no casualties, an official said.
A spokesman for the Uttarakhand state government, Amit Chandola, said pre-monsoon rains in the mountainous area triggered a landslide of mud and boulders that blocked roads leading to the Badrinath temple.
Chandola said state authorities rushed food and water to the stranded pilgrims and hope to clear the debris and restore movement of vehicles this weekend.
Massive monsoon floods and landslides in Uttarakhand state killed more than 1,000 people and flattened thousands of buildings in 2013.
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
- Trump: military solutions ‘locked and loaded’ against North Korea threat
Aug 11, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- White nationalists rally ignites Virginia clashes
Aug 12, 2017
- Former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner gives credit to his Savior
Aug 10, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 10, 2017