EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan city is defending a decision to keep an apple grower away from its outdoor market because of his views on same-sex marriage. East Lansing urged a judge to reject an injunction that would force the city to bring Stephen Tennes back to the market. Tennes has said he […]
Lawmakers urge US to address church demolitions in Sudan
A dozen congressmen have signed a letter to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, urging him to address the issue of church demolitions in Sudan.
The mostly-Muslim government of that country has been persecuting minority Christians there for years, but the recent campaign of church destruction is a new problem.
The letter reminds the State Department that “The United States has long been a champion of religious freedom around the world, and we should hold Sudan accountable for its unacceptable targeting of Christians churches.”
Tens of thousands of Christians have fled Sudan in recent years.
- Farmer blocked at market over religious views on marriage
Jul 20, 2017
- The vice president says the U.S. embassy in Israel will move
Jul 19, 2017
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
Jul 18, 2017
- White House defends impromptu prayer in Oval Office
Jul 13, 2017
- A church in Arizona has opened a coffee shop as a bridge to its community
Jul 18, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Jul 11, 2017