By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
New Jersey man on FBI’s Most Wanted list caught in Virginia
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey murder suspect who was recently added to the FBI’s Most Wanted Fugitives list has been captured in Virginia.
Federal authorities announced Saturday that Walter Yovany Gomez was arrested Friday in Woodbridge, thanks in part to tips from the public. They will now seek to extradite him to New Jersey, where he faces murder and racketeering charges.
It wasn’t known Saturday if Gomez has retained an attorney.
The FBI says Gomez and a co-conspirator in Plainfield struck Julio Matute in the head with a bat, sliced his throat and stabbed him in the back 17 times with a screwdriver because he was suspected of socializing with a rival gang. The co-conspirator was convicted in the May 2011 slaying.
Gomez had been placed on the FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted Fugitives” list on April 12.
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 17, 2017