SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
New Zealand beat USA to go 3-0 up in America’s Cup final
HAMILTON, Bermuda (Reuters) – Emirates Team New Zealand notched up their fourth successive win in as many races against defending champions Oracle Team USA to go 3-0 up in the America’s Cup final in Bermuda on Sunday.
New Zealand continued to excel in light-wind sailing and again showed superior speed over the U.S. boat. Helmsman Peter Burling, 26, took the lead in the fourth race and extended it, as he had in the previous race.
Oracle had entered the series with a one-point advantage from an earlier regatta but New Zealand wiped out that advantage by winning the first race.
Jimmy Spithill’s Oracle team now face an uphill battle to win the competition, where the trophy is earned by the team that wins seven races.
“It’s not over yet, we’ve got five days and they’re five very important days. We’ve got to get faster, it’s very obvious,” Spithill said.
(Reporting by Tessa Walsh; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Aug 15, 2017