SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
NHL salary cap set at $75 million for 2017-18 season
NEW YORK (AP) — The NHL salary cap has been set at $75 million for this season in a slight increase over last year.
The league and NHL Players’ Association announced the cap and the salary floor of $55.4 million in a joint statement Sunday. The figures are set by the league’s hockey-related revenue.
It’s an increase of $2 million from the $73 million cap last season, as players elected to use their escalator clause to raise it.
Even a slight increase can help several teams that are up against the cap, like the Chicago Blackhawks and Presidents’ Trophy winning Washington Capitals. For budget teams, the floor increased just $1.4 million from $54 million.
The expansion Vegas Golden Knights must spend at least to the salary floor in their first season.
For more AP NHL coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Mon, Aug 14, 2017