By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
Nigeria to process all tourist, business visas in two days
LAGOS (Reuters) – Nigeria will process all tourist and business visas within two days, the vice president’s office said on Friday, as Africa’s largest economy, mired in recession, tries to improve the ease of doing business in the country.
Applicants will be notified whether their visas will be issued or rejected within 48 hours, with the change to take immediate effect.
The move follows the launch in March of a system aimed at enabling business executives to apply for a visa online and collect it on arrival 48 hours later.
Foreign executives had complained that obstructive embassy officials made it difficult to enter the country.
(Reporting by Alexis Akwagyiram; Writing by Paul Carsten; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- The Latest: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake facing challenges in Arizona
Aug 11, 2017
- White nationalists rally ignites Virginia clashes
Aug 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Mon, Aug 7, 2017