RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — President Donald Trump says the first day of his maiden international trip has been “tremendous.” Trump was largely kept away from reporters during a busy day of meetings and ceremonies in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. But late in the day, he said deals the U.S. government and private sector reached would […]
Nigeria to process all tourist, business visas in two days
LAGOS (Reuters) – Nigeria will process all tourist and business visas within two days, the vice president’s office said on Friday, as Africa’s largest economy, mired in recession, tries to improve the ease of doing business in the country.
Applicants will be notified whether their visas will be issued or rejected within 48 hours, with the change to take immediate effect.
The move follows the launch in March of a system aimed at enabling business executives to apply for a visa online and collect it on arrival 48 hours later.
Foreign executives had complained that obstructive embassy officials made it difficult to enter the country.
(Reporting by Alexis Akwagyiram; Writing by Paul Carsten; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- President Trump wins warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
May 20, 2017
- New Russia probe leaks threaten to derail Trump’s foreign trip
May 19, 2017
- Toddler found wandering street at night reunited with family
May 22, 2017
- President Trump visits Israel in search of revived peace process
May 22, 2017
- Suicide bomber kills at least 22, including children, at Britain concert
May 23, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, May 16, 2017