CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (Reuters) – A man said to have harbored Nazi sympathies as a teenager before a failed bid to join the U.S. Army was due in court on Monday to face charges he plowed his car into protesters opposing a white nationalist rally in Virginia, killing a woman and injuring 19. The bail hearing […]
Police: Body dumped along Texas road after hearse stolen
BRYAN, Texas (AP) — Authorities in Texas say a hearse was stolen when its driver stopped at a fast-food restaurant and the body in the back later was found dumped on the side of a road.
Police in Bryan, about 90 miles northwest of Houston, say an employee of a funeral home stopped for a bite early Friday and a person jumped into the hearse while it was unattended and drove away.
The body that was in the vehicle was found by a passer-by about an hour and a half later, along with the gurney that it was on.
The body was placed along the side of a rural road a few miles away from the restaurant.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and the hearse remains missing.
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
- Trump: military solutions ‘locked and loaded’ against North Korea threat
Aug 11, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- White nationalists rally ignites Virginia clashes
Aug 12, 2017
- Former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner gives credit to his Savior
Aug 10, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 10, 2017