SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
Police praise teens for leading lost autistic boy to safety
HUDSON, Mass. (AP) — A group of Massachusetts teenagers is being lauded by police for leading a young boy with autism to safety after he got lost in the woods.
Hudson Police Chief Michael Burks said officers had already called in police dogs and requested a helicopter for their search on Wednesday when the teens emerged from the woods with the boy.
Police say the 5-year-old had been hiking with his mother when he wandered off.
The teens said the boy stumbled upon them dazed and soaked after apparently falling in some water.
When they realized he was lost, they called 911 and guided him to the edge of the woods.
Hudson police thanked the teens publicly in a post on the department’s Facebook page.
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Aug 16, 2017