By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
Revlon to invest $16M in N. Carolina plant, create 55 jobs
OXFORD, N.C. (AP) — Cosmetics giant Revlon plans to invest $16 million and create 55 new jobs at its North Carolina plant over the next three years.
Gov. Roy Cooper announced Friday the company is expanding its plant in Oxford to produce more Elizabeth Arden products.
The facility 40 miles (64 kilometers) north of Raleigh opened in 1986 and currently employs about 1,300 people. It is the largest private employer in Granville County.
Revlon says the plant is its largest worldwide.
The state promises Revlon a $100,000 grant if it meets its hiring and investment goals. The state also requires Granville County to provide a grant. County commissioners still must approve it.
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 17, 2017