MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) – At least 22 people, including some children, were killed and 59 were wounded when a suicide bomber struck as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in the English city of Manchester on Monday. Prime Minister Theresa May called an emergency meeting with intelligence chiefs […]
Rosenstein says he knew Trump was going to fire Comey as he prepared memo
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein knew President Donald Trump was going to fire FBI chief James Comey before he completed a memo outlining his own concerns about the former FBI leader, according to a statement obtained by NBC News.
“I informed the senior attorney that the president was going to remove Director Comey, (and) that I was writing a memorandum to the attorney general summarizing my own concerns,” Rosenstein said in the statement, referring to a Justice Department attorney.
The statement was prepared for delivery to lawmakers.
(Reporting by Timothy Ahmann; Editing by Howard Goller)
- Suicide bomber kills at least 22, including children, at Britain concert
May 23, 2017
- President Trump wins warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
May 20, 2017
- New Russia probe leaks threaten to derail Trump’s foreign trip
May 19, 2017
- Texas House passes ‘bathroom bill’ targeting public schools
May 23, 2017
- Toddler found wandering street at night reunited with family
May 22, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, May 19, 2017