SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
Tencent executive expects WeChat Pay in every shop in China within two years
HONG KONG (Reuters) – An executive at Tencent Holdings Ltd, China’s biggest social media and online entertainment company, said on Friday he expects its mobile messaging app WeChat to provide electronic payment services in every Chinese shop within two years.
Tencent Vice-President Zhang Ying, who is also General Manager of WeChat Pay, made the comments at an industry conference in Hong Kong.
WeChat has more than 889 million monthly active users, according to Tencent’s annual report.
(Reporting By Sijia Jiang; Writing by Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Sun, Aug 20, 2017