CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (Reuters) – A man said to have harbored Nazi sympathies as a teenager before a failed bid to join the U.S. Army was due in court on Monday to face charges he plowed his car into protesters opposing a white nationalist rally in Virginia, killing a woman and injuring 19. The bail hearing […]
Trump nominates K.T. McFarland for ambassador to Singapore
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has nominated a top national security adviser to President Donald Trump to be his envoy to Singapore.
K.T. McFarland came into the White House as a deputy to Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn.
Flynn was asked to resign in February amid revelations that he misled senior administration officials about his contacts with Russian government officials.
The White House confirmed McFarland’s move in a statement Friday, saying, “K.T.’s work in developing policies that put American interests first will have a lasting impact.”
McFarland had been working as a Fox News analyst before joining Trump’s national security team. She previously worked for three Republican presidents — Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan.
The position is pending Senate confirmation.
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
- Trump: military solutions ‘locked and loaded’ against North Korea threat
Aug 11, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- White nationalists rally ignites Virginia clashes
Aug 12, 2017
- Former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner gives credit to his Savior
Aug 10, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 10, 2017