EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan city is defending a decision to keep an apple grower away from its outdoor market because of his views on same-sex marriage. East Lansing urged a judge to reject an injunction that would force the city to bring Stephen Tennes back to the market. Tennes has said he […]
U.S. raised concerns at ‘highest levels’ on incident involving Turkey security personnel
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. State Department said on Friday the conduct of Turkish security personnel in Washington this week was “deeply disturbing”.
A street brawl erupted between protesters and Turkish security personnel earlier this week outside the Turkish ambassador’s residence during President Tayyip Erdogan’s visit to Washington.
“The State Department has raised its concerns about these events at the highest levels,” a State Department spokesperson said in a statement.
(Writing by Yara Bayoumy; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Farmer blocked at market over religious views on marriage
Jul 20, 2017
- The vice president says the U.S. embassy in Israel will move
Jul 19, 2017
- Calif. Retirement community is curbing Bible studies
Jul 20, 2017
- Sean Spicer resigns as White House spokesman
Jul 21, 2017
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
Jul 18, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Jul 12, 2017