By Andrés González, Angus Berwick and Carlos Ruano BARCELONA (Reuters) – Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others. Islamic State said the perpetrators […]
U.S. reclaim 4x100m world title, Britain take silver
By Christian Radnedge
LONDON (Reuters) – Individual champion Tori Bowie anchored the United States to victory in the women’s 4×100 meters relay at the World Championships on Saturday.
The Americans, Olympic gold medalists in Rio last year, were led off by Aaliyah Brown who flew out of the blocks to start the run that brought them the world title they last won in 2011.
Allyson Felix ran the second leg before passing on to Morolake Akinosun who handed the baton to Bowie, the 100m world champion.
The 26-year-old was shadowed down the final straight by Briton Daryll Neita who led her team to silver ahead of 2015 champions Jamaica.
(Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
- Driver accused of murder in Charlottesville violence faces court hearing
Aug 14, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Aug 17, 2017