SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
U.S. to give contract for student loan servicing to one company
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Education Department said on Friday it was changing its approach to student-loan servicing, awarding a contract to handle outstanding debts to one company.
Under former President Barack Obama, much of the $1.3 trillion business of student lending was moved from banks and other companies to the federal government. Four companies still handled servicing the loans.
“We’re confident that the final decision will have someone who steps up and can perform,” Acting Undersecretary Jim Manning said on a call with reporters.
(Reporting by Lisa Lambert; Editing by Jonathan Oatis)
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Aug 15, 2017