SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
UK delays decision on Sky merger approval
LONDON (AP) — Britain’s culture secretary has delayed any decision in the proposed merger of Sky and Twenty-First Century Fox.
Karen Bradley said Friday she would give regulators more time to offer submissions on the matter because the upcoming June 8 British election. The reports had been due in May but will now be due June 20.
Bradley says “once these reports are received, my decision-making role in this process would resume.”
The merger would help Rupert Murdoch consolidate his power base in British media. His U.S. media group Twenty-First Century Fox already owns just over 39 percent of Sky Plc.
Earlier attempts to buy Sky were thwarted by the 2011 phone hacking scandal that rocked Murdoch’s British newspapers and led to the closing down of the 168-year-old News of the World tabloid.
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Aug 16, 2017