SINGAPORE/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Ten sailors are missing after a U.S. warship collided with an oil tanker east of Singapore on Monday, the U.S. Navy said, the second accident involving U.S. Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months. The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain collided with the merchant vessel Alnic MC […]
Wright-Phillips scores 2 late goals, Red Bulls beat Union
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Bradley Wright-Phillips scored two late goals and the New York Red Bulls beat the Philadelphia Union 2-0 on Sunday.
Wright-Phillips put a sliding one-touch, off a cross from Kemar Lawrence, into the net from a step inside the 6-yard box in the 87th minute to give the Red Bulls (7-7-2) a 1-0 lead. It was New York’s first road goal since Wright-Phillips scored in the 13th minute of a 4-1 loss at Houston on April 1, snapping a drought of more than 520 minutes. He added his eighth of the season in the second minute of stoppage time.
Philadelphia (4-7-4) played a man down after Derrick Jones was given a straight red card for a foul on Felipe Martins in the 53rd minute.
Luis Robles had three saves, including a diving, one-handed stop of a rocket by Chris Pontius from point-blank range in the 22nd, and recorded his first shutout since a 2-0 win over Columbus on April 22.
Philadelphia has lost three in a row.
- Ten sailors missing after U.S. warship collides with tanker near Singapore
Aug 20, 2017
- Spanish police shoot five suspects dead after driver kills 13 in Barcelona
Aug 18, 2017
- A classic Christian film has been re-released nearly 40 years after its debut
Aug 11, 2017
- Prominent U.S. religious conservatives defend Trump after Charlottesville
Aug 20, 2017
- President Trump again blames ‘both sides’ for Virginia violence
Aug 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Aug 16, 2017