5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
What many Americans hoped would be the first normal holiday season in three years has instead been thrown into crisis by inflation, with Christmas on the horizon. Food banks and charities across the country are reporting higher than expected levels of food insecurity as prices rise and food becomes less accessible to millions of American families. Although the pandemic has largely faded, months of rising prices have driven working families back to the food bank lines. And that’s left charitable organizations struggling to meet the demand.
- Asia’s richest man wants to be world’s largest renewable energy player by 2030Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 6:11 pm
- Two Estonians arrested in $575M cryptocurrency fraudTue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:56 am
- OECD forecast: High rates, inflation to slow world growthTue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:54 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
Contemporary Christian singer Amy Grant was one of this year’s Kennedy Center honorees. At a White House reception for the honorees, President Biden hailed Grant’s voice as “a true gift from God that she shares with everyone.” She is one of Christian music’s most recognizable voices and her crossover hits introduced her to a larger pop audience. Gospel and soul artists have been honored by the Kennedy Center, but Grant is the first Christian pop singer to be recognized in the 45 years of the honors.Listen Download
- Trump faces bipartisan criticism over Constitution commentsSun, Dec 4, 2022 at 11:18 pm
- Rail strike threat put Biden in tough spot with unionsSun, Dec 4, 2022 at 6:15 pm
- Vinyl records popularity was on display at the White HouseSun, Dec 4, 2022 at 6:14 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
The Labor Department reported Wednesday that 240,000 people applied for jobless aid last week, up by 17,000 from the week before.Listen Download
- Tesla To Recall 300,000 Vehicles Over Taillight GlitchSat, Nov 19, 2022 at 2:14 pm
- Ohio Governor DeWine Says School Choice a Winning Issue For GOPThu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:15 pm
- Parties Scramble For Georgia Senate Runoff On December 6thThu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called on Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to resign over his handling of the U.S.-Mexico border, saying that GOP lawmakers will consider impeachment next year if he does not step down. More on this from Congressional Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
McCarthy said at a press conference in El Paso, Texas, on Tuesday, “If Secretary Mayorkas does not resign, House Republicans will investigate, every order, every action and every failure will determine whether we can begin impeachment inquiry.”
McCarthy cited the Department of Homeland Security head’s statements to Congress that the border is under control, record border crossing numbers and his ending of the “Remain in Mexico” asylum policy instituted during the Trump administration as reasons for resignation.
McCarthy was nominated by House Republicans to serve as Speaker in the next Congress last week during a closed-door vote.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Two Explosions Rock JerusalemWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:27 pm
- Alaska Election Results RevealedWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:25 pm
- A Wal-Mart Employee Kills Several in Chesapeake, VAWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
San Francisco unveils a controversial program
VERBATIM: It’s called the “Guaranteed Income for Transgender People” initiative and it will provide a monthly payment of 1200 dollars to poor people who are transgender. The application just came out and it has prompted some raised eyebrows. The document offers over 130 gender and sexual orientation options, encouraging applicants to “check all that apply.” Critics say if the city wants to make payments to low income residents, it should do so without favoring transgender people. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- A victory for parental rights in MichiganFri, Nov 18, 2022 at 9:02 am
- How do you feel about Drag Queen Story Hour?Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 9:16 am
- A same-sex marriage bill is in the works in CongressWed, Nov 16, 2022 at 10:06 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 12-5Listen Download