5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
( ) -q-21- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “offering several scenarios.”
A panel is calling for changes at the federal agency that oversees most of the nation’s food supply.
[CutID: <Cuts> FDA-FOOD-PROGRAMS-house-q-WEDam.mp3
Out-cue: offering several scenarios]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. The report also said the FDA’s leadership and culture must be restructured to better respond to food safety crises and chronic public health problems.
VERBATIM: The Reagan-Udall Foundation is a group that’s separate from, but closely tied to the federal Food and Drug Administration. It says revamped leadership, a clear mission and more urgency are needed to prevent illness outbreaks and to promote good health. But the foundation’s report stopped short of recommending specific steps to take, instead offering several scenarios.
- Speedier drug approvals hit slowdown as FDA faces scrutinyWed, Dec 7, 2022 at 9:56 am
- China trade shrinks amid virus pressure, interest rate hikesWed, Dec 7, 2022 at 9:50 am
- Sale jumpstarts floating, offshore wind power in US watersTue, Dec 6, 2022 at 8:01 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
- Supreme Court hears case about redrawing congressional districtsWed, Dec 7, 2022 at 11:26 am
- White House monitoring NC infrastructure attackMon, Dec 5, 2022 at 5:50 pm
- Amy Grant honored at Kennedy Center and White HouseSun, Dec 4, 2022 at 11:19 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
The Labor Department reported Wednesday that 240,000 people applied for jobless aid last week, up by 17,000 from the week before.Listen Download
- Tesla To Recall 300,000 Vehicles Over Taillight GlitchSat, Nov 19, 2022 at 2:14 pm
- Ohio Governor DeWine Says School Choice a Winning Issue For GOPThu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:15 pm
- Parties Scramble For Georgia Senate Runoff On December 6thThu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called on Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to resign over his handling of the U.S.-Mexico border, saying that GOP lawmakers will consider impeachment next year if he does not step down. More on this from Congressional Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
McCarthy said at a press conference in El Paso, Texas, on Tuesday, “If Secretary Mayorkas does not resign, House Republicans will investigate, every order, every action and every failure will determine whether we can begin impeachment inquiry.”
McCarthy cited the Department of Homeland Security head’s statements to Congress that the border is under control, record border crossing numbers and his ending of the “Remain in Mexico” asylum policy instituted during the Trump administration as reasons for resignation.
McCarthy was nominated by House Republicans to serve as Speaker in the next Congress last week during a closed-door vote.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Two Explosions Rock JerusalemWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:27 pm
- Alaska Election Results RevealedWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:25 pm
- A Wal-Mart Employee Kills Several in Chesapeake, VAWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
A “Naughty and Nice” list for Christian shoppers
VERBATIM: It’s the annual offering from Liberty Counsel, which reports which major retailers are censoring the word “Christmas” in their advertising, and which are not. On the Naughty List this year are Barnes and Noble, The Gap, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walgreens, amongst others. On the Nice List, companies that embrace Christmas in their ads include Bath and Body Works, Kohl’s, Walmart and Hobby Lobby. To see the whole list, vist lc.org. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 12-8Listen Download