By Doina Chiacu and James Oliphant WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Facing strong condemnation at home and abroad, U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday denied using (an expletive) to describe Haiti and African countries, but kept up criticism of a Senate immigration plan that he said would force the United States to admit people from countries that […]
Baltimore pro-life group wins big court victory.
Pro-life advocates are cheering the decision of a federal appeals court to strike down a Baltimore law that required a pro-life pregnancy counseling center to post disclaimers in its waiting room. The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the law violates the First Amendment rights of the Greater Baltimore Center for Pregnancy Concerns, a nonprofit Christian organization that counsels women on alternatives to abortion. The law requires pregnancy counseling centers to post signs saying they do not provide or make referrals for abortions or birth control. Similar laws are being contested in other parts of the country.
- Trump denies vulgar remarks about Haiti, African countries; condemnation mounts
Jan 12, 2018
- Liberia ruling party expels President Johnson Sirleaf
Jan 14, 2018
- The Latest: Man who aided patient says she’s getting care
Jan 12, 2018
- Thirteen siblings found chained in California home; parents charged
Jan 16, 2018
- Majority of U.S. National Park Service board resigns, saying it was ignored
Jan 17, 2018
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Jan 11, 2018