WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Sunday the U.N. Security Council has run out of options on containing North Korea’s nuclear program and the United States may have to turn the matter over to the Pentagon. “We have pretty much exhausted all the things that we can do […]
On Men Viewing Women as Sex Objects
My last column was titled “Is Donald Trump a Misogynist?” After reading reactions throughout the internet, I realize how important it is to elaborate on the subject of how men view women.
One of the proofs that higher education makes those who attend college more foolish, more naive and often even more ignorant about life than those who never attended college is the widespread belief among the well-educated that when men sexually objectify women it means that they are misogynists, haters of women.
So, here is a list of eight truths about males and sexual objectification for those who have a degree in any of the “social sciences.”
1. It is completely normal for heterosexual men to see women they are sexually attracted to as sex objects.
2. That such sexual objectification is normal and has nothing to do with misogyny is proved, among other things, by the fact that homosexual men see men to whom they are sexually attracted as sex objects. If heterosexual men are misogynists, homosexual men are man haters.
3. One reason for this is the almost-unique power of a visual to sexually arouse men. Men are aroused just by glancing at a woman’s arm, ankle, calf, thigh or stomach, even without ever seeing her face. Those legs, calves, arms, etc. are sexual objects. That’s why there are innumerable websites featuring them.
4. Every normal heterosexual man who sees a woman as a sexual object can also completely respect her mind, her character and everything else nonsexual about her. Men do this all the time.
5. Most heterosexual women also see sexy women as sex objects, and they are hardly misogynists. Ask your wife or girlfriend which would turn her on more: watching a male strip show in front of a female audience, or a female strip show in front of a male audience.
6. Lucky is a couple if the man can sexually objectify his partner. The longer a husband can at least occasionally regard his wife as a sex object, the better their marriage. It is not always easy to see the woman you see every day, the mother of your children, as a sex object.
7. The whole purpose of lingerie and other sexual attire is to render the woman a sex object in her partner’s eyes. Are all the women who wear lingerie, bikinis, cheerleading outfits or whatever else turns their partner on — and hopefully them as well — haters of women?
8. If your husband denies these assertions, he is lying to you because he is afraid that you will react angrily or that he will hurt your feelings. He may also be lying to himself — after all, he, too, went to college and reads liberal opinion pieces on misogyny; and he wants to be an “enlightened” male.
It is a sign of the times that these eight points need to be written. The question is, why are any of these points — known to just about every woman and man who ever lived prior to the 1960s — controversial to so many well-educated people today?
The answer is leftism and its offshoot: feminism.
Leftism is first and foremost a denial of reality.
Leftists deny reality for two reasons.
One is that leftism is a religion (a secular one), and therefore it has dogmas that supersede truth.
The other reason is that reality is filled with disappointment and pain, and avoidance of pain is the central psychological impetus of leftism. This explains the infantilizing safe rooms at the institutions the left controls most: the universities. These rooms exist to protect students from hearing an idea with which they differ (recall reason one) and from hearing an idea that causes them pain.
Name the left-wing position, and in almost every case you will see how it exemplifies either or both of these reasons.
It is reality that human nature is not basically good. But since the French Enlightenment, the left has affirmed that people are basically good. That’s why leftists blame violent crime on poverty and racism, not on the violent criminal.
It is reality that the higher the minimum wage, the fewer new workers will be hired. But because of dogma, the left denies it. (In 1987, when The New York Times editorial page was not as pure left as it is today, one editorial was titled “The Right Minimum Wage: $0.00.”)
It is reality that Islam means “submit,” but this meaning conflicts with left-wing wishful thinking that all cultures are morally equal. Thus, virtually every left-wing professor and publication says that Islam means “peace.” (To the extent that it has any connection to the Arabic word for “peace” — “salaam” — it is the peace that ensues after all of humanity has submitted to Islam.) The amount of left-wing denial of reality concerning the Islamic world is about equal to the number of assertions leftists make about it. (Thus, the Obama administration labeled the Fort Hood massacre of 13 people by a radical Muslim as “workplace violence.”)
It is also reality, not an expression of misogyny, that men see the objects of their sexual desire as sexual objects. But this is too painful for feminists and other leftists. And it violates feminist theory, which says that men and women are essentially the same, and seeing a woman as a sexual object is misogyny.
Therefore, this reality is rejected.
This column was originally posted on Townhall.com.
Brought to you by www.dennisprager.com
- U.S. Ambassador Haley: U.N. has exhausted options on North Korea
Sep 18, 2017
- Mexicans dig through collapsed buildings as quake kills 217
Sep 20, 2017
- Music teacher suspended after rap assignment angers parent
Sep 20, 2017
- Pastors stand firm as Trump’s U.S. evangelical base weakens
Sep 15, 2017
- Judge: City wrong to bar farmer over same-sex marriage views
Sep 19, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Sep 12, 2017