By Doina Chiacu and James Oliphant WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Facing strong condemnation at home and abroad, U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday denied using (an expletive) to describe Haiti and African countries, but kept up criticism of a Senate immigration plan that he said would force the United States to admit people from countries that […]
D.E. Shaw takes stake in Lowe’s: CNBC
(Reuters) – Hedge fund D.E. Shaw & Co has built an active stake in home improvement chain Lowe’s Cos Inc <LOW.N>, CNBC reported on Friday, citing sources.
D.E. Shaw is concerned about Lowe’s performance relative its peers and is not pushing for consolidation with another home retailer at this time, according to the report. (http://cnb.cx/2Daaw3y)
Lowe’s shares touched a record high of $102.28 in late-afternoon trading.
(Reporting by Uday Sampath in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
- Trump denies vulgar remarks about Haiti, African countries; condemnation mounts
Jan 12, 2018
- The Latest: Man who aided patient says she’s getting care
Jan 12, 2018
- Liberia ruling party expels President Johnson Sirleaf
Jan 14, 2018
- Supreme Court to hear critical California pro-life case.
Jan 9, 2018
- Death toll in California mudslides expected to rise
Jan 10, 2018
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Sat, Jan 13, 2018