MEXICO CITY (AP) — Police, firefighters and ordinary Mexicans dug frantically through the rubble of collapsed schools, homes and apartment buildings early Wednesday, looking for survivors of Mexico’s deadliest earthquake in decades as the number of confirmed fatalities stood at 217. Adding poignancy and a touch of the surreal, Tuesday’s magnitude-7.1 quake struck on the […]
Delaware moves to keep abortion legal in the state
(AP) Lawmakers in the Delaware House are poised to begin consideration of a bill to ensure abortion remains legal in the state even if the Supreme Court ruling in Roe versus Wade is ever overturned.
The legislation, which narrowly cleared the Senate last week, revises Delaware’s current abortion statute, which remains on the books despite being superseded by federal law.
The current law allows abortions only if the mother’s health is at risk, if there is a substantial risk the child would be born with serious and permanent deformities or disabilities, or if the pregnancy results from rape or incest.
- Mexicans dig through collapsed buildings as quake kills 217
Sep 20, 2017
- NFL rallies around protesting players denounced by Trump
Sep 24, 2017
- Music teacher suspended after rap assignment angers parent
Sep 20, 2017
- U.S. Ambassador Haley: U.N. has exhausted options on North Korea
Sep 18, 2017
- Judge: City wrong to bar farmer over same-sex marriage views
Sep 19, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Sep 20, 2017