By Yasmeen Abutaleb and Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump moved to undermine Obamacare dramatically late on Thursday by cutting off subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients, sparking threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets. The decision is the most dramatic action Trump has taken yet […]
GE revenue falls 1 percent
(Reuters) – General Electric Co <GE.N> reported a 1 percent decline in quarterly revenue on Friday, hurt by lower sales in its oil and gas and lighting businesses.
However, earnings from continuing operations attributable to GE shareholders rose to $858 million in the first quarter ended March 31, from $248 million a year earlier.
Earnings per share from continuing operations rose to 10 cents from 3 cents. (http://invent.ge/2obaxNT)
Total revenue fell to $27.66 billion from $27.85 billion.
(Reporting by Rachit Vats in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Wildfires kill 17 in California wine country
Oct 11, 2017
- Trump strikes blow at Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
Oct 13, 2017
- Las Vegas hotel weighs fate of notorious 32nd floor suite
Oct 9, 2017
- At least 23 dead, hundreds missing, as winds fan California fires
Oct 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Oct 13, 2017