WASHINGTON (AP) — The shifting explanations for why President Donald Trump fired national security adviser Michael Flynn have revived questions about whether the president may have obstructed an ongoing investigation of potential contacts between his campaign and Russia. Pressure on the administration has mounted since Flynn last week pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI […]
Goldman Sachs plans to expand Swiss investment bank: source
ZURICH (Reuters) – Goldman Sachs <GS.N> wants to expand its investment bank in Switzerland and is in the process of upgrading its trading operations in Zurich to a branch from a representative office, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
The bank hopes to receive the approval for the switch from Switzerland’s Financial Market Supervisory Authority, FINMA, next year, the person said.
The Wall Street giant’s trading business in Switzerland is part of Goldman Sachs International, its European arm.
News of the Swiss expansion was reported earlier by Bloomberg News.
(Reporting by Oliver Hirt; Writing by Joshua Franklin)
- Trump takes to Twitter to criticize FBI, special prosecutor
Dec 4, 2017
- Justices take up dispute over wedding cake for gay couple
Dec 5, 2017
- 21-year-old gunman disguised himself as student in New Mexico school shooting
Dec 8, 2017
- Arizona GOP lawmaker resigns over surrogacy allegation
Dec 8, 2017
- Senate approves major tax cuts in victory for Trump
Dec 2, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Sat, Dec 9, 2017