WASHINGTON (Reuters) – With a deadline looming this week to avert a U.S. government shutdown, Congress returns to work as President Donald Trump leans on Democrats to include funding for his promised border wall with Mexico in spending legislation. The Republican president took to Twitter on Sunday to warn Democrats that the Affordable Care Act, […]
Illegal migration at U.S. border at lowest point in 17 years: Kelly
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told a Senate panel on Wednesday that apprehensions of undocumented immigrants along the U.S.-Mexico border was below 17,000 in March, marking the least migration since at least 2000.
In February, 23,589 immigrants were apprehended at the border, according to data by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Kelly credited President Donald Trump’s tough immigration policies for the decline.
(Reporting by Julia Edwards Ainsley; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Congress returns as Trump pressures Dems on funding
Apr 24, 2017
- Missing Tennessee student found with teacher in California
Apr 21, 2017
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
Apr 23, 2017
- Georgia House race down to 2 candidates, plus Trump, Pelosi
Apr 19, 2017
- Afghan defense chief quits over attack, as Mattis flies in
Apr 24, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Apr 21, 2017