EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan city is defending a decision to keep an apple grower away from its outdoor market because of his views on same-sex marriage. East Lansing urged a judge to reject an injunction that would force the city to bring Stephen Tennes back to the market. Tennes has said he […]
Illegal migration at U.S. border at lowest point in 17 years: Kelly
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told a Senate panel on Wednesday that apprehensions of undocumented immigrants along the U.S.-Mexico border was below 17,000 in March, marking the least migration since at least 2000.
In February, 23,589 immigrants were apprehended at the border, according to data by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Kelly credited President Donald Trump’s tough immigration policies for the decline.
(Reporting by Julia Edwards Ainsley; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Farmer blocked at market over religious views on marriage
Jul 20, 2017
- The vice president says the U.S. embassy in Israel will move
Jul 19, 2017
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
Jul 18, 2017
- White House defends impromptu prayer in Oval Office
Jul 13, 2017
- A church in Arizona has opened a coffee shop as a bridge to its community
Jul 18, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Jul 13, 2017