RC Sproul was 78 years old. Dr. Sproul was a dedicated Calvinist who focused much of his publications and radio ministries on the sovereignty of God, Christian living, intelligent design and apologetics. He is the author of more than 60 books and many articles for evangelical publications. His family says he was hospitalized on December […]
Judge blocks pro-life rules in Missouri
(AP) A federal judge has issued a preliminary injunction to block pro-life rules in Missouri, saying he’s bound by the Supreme Court’s ruling last year striking down similar Texas guidelines.
U.S. District Judge Howard Sachs granted the injunction at the request of Planned Parenthood and Missouri abortion clinics.
Sachs’ ruling invalidates Missouri’s requirements that doctors who perform abortions have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, and that clinics meet hospital-like standards for outpatient surgery.
Last summer the nation’s high court threw out similar Texas rules.
- RC Sproul: the founder of Ligonier Ministries has passed away.
Dec 15, 2017
- California wildfire rages toward scenic coastal communities
Dec 11, 2017
- Democrat Doug Jones wins election to US Senate from Alabama
Dec 12, 2017
- Roy Moore campaign casts Alabama race as referendum on Trump
Dec 11, 2017
- U.S. regulators ditch net neutrality rules as legal battles loom
Dec 14, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Dec 12, 2017