WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Sunday the U.N. Security Council has run out of options on containing North Korea’s nuclear program and the United States may have to turn the matter over to the Pentagon. “We have pretty much exhausted all the things that we can do […]
Lawmakers urge US to address church demolitions in Sudan
A dozen congressmen have signed a letter to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, urging him to address the issue of church demolitions in Sudan.
The mostly-Muslim government of that country has been persecuting minority Christians there for years, but the recent campaign of church destruction is a new problem.
The letter reminds the State Department that “The United States has long been a champion of religious freedom around the world, and we should hold Sudan accountable for its unacceptable targeting of Christians churches.”
Tens of thousands of Christians have fled Sudan in recent years.
- U.S. Ambassador Haley: U.N. has exhausted options on North Korea
Sep 18, 2017
- Mexicans dig through collapsed buildings as quake kills 217
Sep 20, 2017
- Music teacher suspended after rap assignment angers parent
Sep 20, 2017
- Pastors stand firm as Trump’s U.S. evangelical base weakens
Sep 15, 2017
- Judge: City wrong to bar farmer over same-sex marriage views
Sep 19, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Sep 12, 2017