WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Sunday the U.N. Security Council has run out of options on containing North Korea’s nuclear program and the United States may have to turn the matter over to the Pentagon. “We have pretty much exhausted all the things that we can do […]
McDonald’s free ice cream promotion marred by app glitch
OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) — A McDonald’s promotion for free ice cream cones to celebrate National Ice Cream Day went awry because of a glitch with the fast food giant’s mobile app.
McDonald’s offered a free vanilla cone to its app users Sunday. But after several users complained to McDonald’s on Twitter that the app wasn’t working, McDonald’s told them to instead simply ask the cashier to honor the promotion. McDonald’s tweeted that the company was trying to resolve the issue and promised to have its app “back online soon.”
A representative for the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company apologized Monday for the “technical issues” and said the app is working again.
McDonald’s is set to roll out a new app aimed at improving the speed of orders later this year.
- U.S. Ambassador Haley: U.N. has exhausted options on North Korea
Sep 18, 2017
- North Korea threatens to ‘sink’ Japan, reduce U.S. to ‘ashes and darkness’
Sep 14, 2017
- Pastors stand firm as Trump’s U.S. evangelical base weakens
Sep 15, 2017
- Mexicans dig through collapsed buildings as quake kills 217
Sep 20, 2017
- Farmer barred from market over same-sex marriage goes to court
Sep 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Sep 13, 2017