Salem Radio Network News Wednesday, August 4, 2021

World

Opening ceremony director dismissed after past comments on Holocaust, Tokyo 2020 says

TOKYO (Reuters) – The director of the opening ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics has been dismissed, organisers said on Thursday, following news reports about his past comments on the Holocaust.

Tokyo 2020 President Seiko Hashimoto told a briefing that Kentaro Kobayashi had been dismissed because of past comments that made fun of a tragedy.

(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Shri Navaratnam)

Previous
Next

Editorial Cartoons

View More »

Michael Ramirez
Wed, Jul 28, 2021

X CLOSE