WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Sunday the U.N. Security Council has run out of options on containing North Korea’s nuclear program and the United States may have to turn the matter over to the Pentagon. “We have pretty much exhausted all the things that we can do […]
Pastor: Worshippers afraid after sex assault nearby
NEW YORK (AP) — The pastor of a church where a congregant was attacked last week at gunpoint says people are afraid to come worship.
Pastor Kehinde Oyetunde told the Daily News that more than 200 people usually turn up on Sunday at the Celestial Church of Christ in Jamaica, Queens. But only a small group came this week, after a woman was held at gunpoint and attacked a half-block from the church. A group stood outside and prayed for the victim Sunday.
The 50-year-old congregant says she was robbed and forced to perform sex acts at about 11 p.m. on Tuesday. Police arrested three suspects. A fourth is at large.
Other congregants say they’d feel safer with better street lights and increased police patrols in the area near the church.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
- U.S. Ambassador Haley: U.N. has exhausted options on North Korea
Sep 18, 2017
- North Korea threatens to ‘sink’ Japan, reduce U.S. to ‘ashes and darkness’
Sep 14, 2017
- Pastors stand firm as Trump’s U.S. evangelical base weakens
Sep 15, 2017
- Mexicans dig through collapsed buildings as quake kills 217
Sep 20, 2017
- Farmer barred from market over same-sex marriage goes to court
Sep 15, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Sep 15, 2017