By Yasmeen Abutaleb and Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump moved to undermine Obamacare dramatically late on Thursday by cutting off subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients, sparking threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets. The decision is the most dramatic action Trump has taken yet […]
Police: Body dumped along Texas road after hearse stolen
BRYAN, Texas (AP) — Authorities in Texas say a hearse was stolen when its driver stopped at a fast-food restaurant and the body in the back later was found dumped on the side of a road.
Police in Bryan, about 90 miles northwest of Houston, say an employee of a funeral home stopped for a bite early Friday and a person jumped into the hearse while it was unattended and drove away.
The body that was in the vehicle was found by a passer-by about an hour and a half later, along with the gurney that it was on.
The body was placed along the side of a rural road a few miles away from the restaurant.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and the hearse remains missing.
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Wildfires kill 17 in California wine country
Oct 11, 2017
- Trump strikes blow at Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
Oct 13, 2017
- NFL to tackle protests as Trump decries ‘disrespectful’ players
Oct 16, 2017
- At least 23 dead, hundreds missing, as winds fan California fires
Oct 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Thu, Oct 12, 2017