By Doina Chiacu and James Oliphant WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Facing strong condemnation at home and abroad, U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday denied using (an expletive) to describe Haiti and African countries, but kept up criticism of a Senate immigration plan that he said would force the United States to admit people from countries that […]
Police: TNT Explosion injures 8 in northern Albania
TIRANA, Albania (AP) — Albanian police say an explosion in a northern city has injured eight people and damaged the ground floor of a commercial building.
A police statement said a TNT explosion injured the building’s owner as he was entering his vehicle and seven passers-by on Saturday morning in Shkodra, a city 110 kilometers (70 miles) north of the Albanian capital, Tirana.
Police say three of the injured were in serious conditions at a specialized hospital in Tirana.
Police said they are interviewing witnesses and have set up check points in Shkodra.
- Trump denies vulgar remarks about Haiti, African countries; condemnation mounts
Jan 12, 2018
- The Latest: Man who aided patient says she’s getting care
Jan 12, 2018
- Liberia ruling party expels President Johnson Sirleaf
Jan 14, 2018
- Supreme Court to hear critical California pro-life case.
Jan 9, 2018
- Death toll in California mudslides expected to rise
Jan 10, 2018
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Sun, Jan 14, 2018