SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Megachurch pastor Rick Warren has announced his retirement after 42 years of leading Saddleback Church in Southern California. A search for his successor will be launched this week.
The well-known evangelical pastor and best-selling author told his congregation on Sunday that the search is...
(Reuters) – A panel of federal appeals court judges blocked a Missouri law on Wednesday that banned abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy, saying the provisions of the law violated the constitutional right of women to end their pregnancies.
The law is among more than a...
PRAGUE (AP) — Antisemitic incidents in the Czech Republic continued their rise last year amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the bulk of the anti-Jewish hatred being expressed online, the country’s Jewish community said Wednesday.
In its annual report, the Federation of...
Religious News Headlines
- The Latest: China, US diplomats clash over virus origin
- Torah ark desecrated inside Frankfurt Airport prayer room
- Afghan official: bombs hit 2 minivans in Kabul, 7 dead
- China, US diplomats clash over human rights, pandemic origin
- Southern Baptist board OKs probe into sex abuse controversy
- Lakota spiritual leader, activist Leonard Crow Dog dies
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week
- Afghan Hazaras being killed at school, play, even at birth
- Racial tensions simmer as Southern Baptists hold key meeting
- Opposition accuses German govt of hampering attack probe
- For love of birds: Backyard sleuths boost scientists’ work
- Pope taps South Korean to head Vatican office for priests
- UN rights chief warns of escalating violence in Myanmar
- Vatican regulates lay movements to prevent governance abuses
- EXPLAINER: What will change under Israel’s new government?
- Bernice King: Racial justice activism must focus on strategy
- Secret recordings show Southern Baptist dispute on sex abuse
- The Media Line: The Jewish Community is Under Attack. It Must Remain on High Alert for Antisemitic Attacks(Opinion)
- Woman wanted by Vatican asks Italian government to intervene
- Case of man accused in Canada anti-Muslim attack adjourned
- Gottfried Boehm, architect of concrete churches, dies at 101
- Pope rejects German cardinal’s resignation, urges reform
- Pope refuses to accept resignation of German Cardinal Marx over sex abuse scandal
- Hundreds hold rare protest in Bahrain after prisoner’s death
- Sardinia charity linked to ousted Vatican cardinal searched
- JBS settles Muslim discrimination lawsuit for $5.5 million
- Editorial Roundup: U.S.
- Iran candidate says he’s willing to potentially meet Biden
- Vatican’s financial crimes prosecution hurt by inexperience
- In Lebanon, a search for medicine and a stranger’s help
- Mormon sex therapist’s ouster stirs worries of shame culture
- In Mexico, YouTuber helps win husband state governorship
- Rio de Janeiro’s Christ statue: ‘Thou shalt not bribe’
- Los Angeles nun to plea guilty to $835,000 school theft
- Black pastors in Georgia press for federal voting bills
- Judge reinstates teacher suspended for transgender remark
- Spirituality underpins migrant activism in US borderlands
- Paul Givan to become Northern Ireland’s new leader
- Mixed city of Arabs and Jews remains on edge after violence
- Utah university should ditch ‘Dixie’ name, committee says
- Canadian police say family run down targeted as Muslims
- Italian police dismantle antisemitic, racist online group
- Mormons scrap conference session once reserved for men only
- Pastor seeks revival of suit challenging virus restrictions
- Supreme Court agrees to hear 2nd ‘state secrets’ case
- Death toll rises after Burkina Faso village attack
- Israel suspends ultranationalists’ march in east Jerusalem
- Chicago priest reinstated after allegations back in church
- Italian nun slain by 3 teen girls beatified as martyr
- Popular Nigerian televangelist T.B. Joshua dies at 57