A split in the 70 million member denomination has seem inevitable for some time and the latest news seems to reinforce that notion.
A break-away Anglican movement has developed in Brazil as conservatives leave the home church over issues having to do with homosexuality.
Episcopalians here in the U.S. formally split in...
In a clip posted online the worker refused to serve a customer who insulted a Muslim woman wearing a head covering.
The confrontation recorded on video, shows a man asking “Is this Halloween?” while standing in front of the woman wearing the head covering. When the...
Colorado Mesa University says it will NOT force all students speaking at commencement ceremonies to remove references to religion from their speeches.
School officials relented after getting a demand letter from Alliance Defending Freedom that explained how the First Amendment...
Religious News Headlines
- Pope: Holy Land needs “gestures of dialogue, reconciliation”
- Vatican: Martyred archbishop, Pope Paul VI to be canonized
- After biggest gaffe, pope demands accountability for abuse
- Chile’s bishops resign en masse over sex abuse cover-up
- The Latest: Victims in Chile abuse scandal hail resignations
- Mormon church wants 1984 rape case against leader tossed out
- More Chilean sex abuse victims speak up during pope summit
- Pope warns bloodshed in Gaza hurts peace: ‘War begets war’
- Vatican reminds cloistered nuns not to tweet too much
- Chile archbishop defends himself as pope’s summit opens
- Pope says he’s thought about when it’s time to ‘take leave
- Israeli troops, Palestinians clash in West Bank
- Chilean bishops open to resignations, reparation for abuse
- Franklin Graham is ready to launch the ‘Decision America California Tour’
- Vatican’s Inquisition, Index of Banned Books open for study
- Militant family uses child in suicide bomb attack on Indonesian police
- The U.S. is opening an embassy in Jerusalem
- Vatican: Chile bishops ignored abuse, treated victims badly
- Delaware bans child marriage.
- Southeast Texas church damaged by explosion
- Chilean bishops in Rome for expected brow-beating from pope
- Google suspends ads ahead of Irish abortion vote
- Pope marks historic mafia denunciation by St. John Paul II
- Ex-head of Vatican bank goes on trial for embezzlement
- Nigeria frees 1,000 Boko Haram hostages.
- Facebook bans foreign ads for Irish abortion referendum
- Pope assigns Vatican office to promote women’s participation
- Pope prays for peace in Central African Republic
- Swiss Guards: World’s oldest standing army gets new headgear
- Pope urges Neocatechumenal missionaries to respect cultures
- Pope extends mandate of Malta envoy, sidelining critic
- Kansas, Oklahoma approve religious veto on LGBT adoptions
- Vatican declines to rule on German dispute over Communion
- Iowa lawmakers send 6-week abortion ban to governor
- Pope to Chile abuse victims: “I was part of the problem”
- Knights of Malta elect Italian leader for life after crisis
- Baptist group ejects church for pastor’s gay rights support
- Vatican to discuss if non-Catholics could receive Communion
- Survivors get White House Invite.
- Prayers for America.
- Pompeo: US stands ‘with Israel’ in fight against Iran
- Pope decries attack on church in Nigeria that killed 15
- Nevada leader to give first Hindu prayer in Oklahoma Senate
- Vatican: Pope meets Chile victims in climate of ‘reparation’
- Vatican aims to keep charities, donations clean with new law
- Mormon church kicks out man who supervised young women
- Bavaria expands compulsory crosses.
- Official: Ditch the yarmulke in Germany.
- Christians should not be second-class citizens, cardinal tells Saudi Arabia
- Pope to focus on fate of Christians in Middle East on July 7
- Pope says “two Koreas” summit good chance for dialogue
- AP Interview: Chile abuse whistleblower has message for pope
- 2020 Census to count same-sex households.
- Pastor-driver claims rights were violated.
- Cyprus regains rare Orthodox Christian mosaic stolen in 70s
- Pope offers gelato to Rome’s neediest to mark feast day
- Pope ordains 16 priests, tells them always ‘be merciful’
- Remains of Czech cardinal return home from Vatican
- Court blocks Ohio Planned Parenthood Law
- Key findings in analysis of memoir of a Jew raised Catholic
- Case of Jewish boy taken by pope flares over doctored memoir
- Billy Graham remembered at Oklahoma City bombing memorial
- President Tweets Support for Accused Pastor.
- ‘Angels’ and training help former fighter pilot save Southwest flight
- Cyprus church defrocks priest for 1st time over sex offense
- Pope meets father of British toddler at center of battle
- Wisconsin Free Speech Case to go to Court.
- Polish Government Condemns Planned Award to Controversial Author.
- AP Exclusive: Jailed Chinese pastor’s US family seeks mercy
- Pope ‘deeply disturbed’ by lack of common response to Syria
- Enforcement of Kentucky abortion law suspended pending ruling
- Judge to help diocese deal with sex abuse claims
- APNewsBreak: Chile victims meet pope April 28-29 at Vatican
- Legion vows to respond to victims’ request for compensation
- Irish bishops don’t rule out keeping priests with kids
- Vatican commission proposes a synod on women
- AP Exclusive: Victims seek compensation in abuse reckoning
- Vatican: Pope Chile letter a “spiritual state of emergency”
- The Latest: Pope admits ‘grave errors’ in Chile abuse case
- Pope writes Chile’s bishops after receiving sex abuse report
- Vatican urges Buddhists to join fight against corruption
- U.S. megachurch pastor retires, says investigation that cleared him took its toll
- Court Hears Challenge to Alabama Abortion Law.
- Churchgoers Train for Active Shooter
- Mormons to celebrate 1978 lifting of ban on blacks in clergy
- Pope urges church unity, blames divisions on work of devil
- ‘Two or three illegal’ church crosses torn down in central China
- Pope seeks ‘saints next door’ not doctrinaire perfectionists
- Pope focuses on reconciliation in Mass dedicated to mercy
- Vatican arrests diplomat accused of viewing child porn
- Missionaries at border spread Christianity to North Korea
- Maryland lawmakers vote to ban ‘gay conversion therapy’
- Lawsuit over denial of ‘IM God’ license plate can proceed
- China says bishop selection does not breach religious rights
- U.S. Ambassador Joins Passover Celebration
- Pastor Shooting Suspects Indicted
- Mormon leader’s remark on sexual misconduct draws criticism
- Pope in Easter Vigil to baptize Nigerian migrant-hero
- The Latest: Mormons diversify leadership and make history
- Mormon church’s all-male hierarchy is steeped in tradition