WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump promised tax cuts Friday “which will be the biggest in the history of our country” following Senate passage of a $4 trillion budget that lays the groundwork for Republicans’ promised tax legislation. Republicans hope to push the first tax overhaul in three decades through Congress by year’s end, an […]
Rosenstein says he knew Trump was going to fire Comey as he prepared memo
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein knew President Donald Trump was going to fire FBI chief James Comey before he completed a memo outlining his own concerns about the former FBI leader, according to a statement obtained by NBC News.
“I informed the senior attorney that the president was going to remove Director Comey, (and) that I was writing a memorandum to the attorney general summarizing my own concerns,” Rosenstein said in the statement, referring to a Justice Department attorney.
The statement was prepared for delivery to lawmakers.
(Reporting by Timothy Ahmann; Editing by Howard Goller)
- Senate GOP backs budget, clears way for tax overhaul
Oct 20, 2017
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Russia probe special counsel interviews ex-Trump chief of staff Priebus
Oct 13, 2017
- NFL to tackle protests as Trump decries ‘disrespectful’ players
Oct 16, 2017
- Senate health care deal in doubt as Trump says he’s opposed
Oct 18, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Oct 10, 2017