By Yasmeen Abutaleb and Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump moved to undermine Obamacare dramatically late on Thursday by cutting off subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients, sparking threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets. The decision is the most dramatic action Trump has taken yet […]
Rosenstein says he knew Trump was going to fire Comey as he prepared memo
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein knew President Donald Trump was going to fire FBI chief James Comey before he completed a memo outlining his own concerns about the former FBI leader, according to a statement obtained by NBC News.
“I informed the senior attorney that the president was going to remove Director Comey, (and) that I was writing a memorandum to the attorney general summarizing my own concerns,” Rosenstein said in the statement, referring to a Justice Department attorney.
The statement was prepared for delivery to lawmakers.
(Reporting by Timothy Ahmann; Editing by Howard Goller)
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Wildfires kill 17 in California wine country
Oct 11, 2017
- Trump strikes blow at Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
Oct 13, 2017
- NFL to tackle protests as Trump decries ‘disrespectful’ players
Oct 16, 2017
- At least 23 dead, hundreds missing, as winds fan California fires
Oct 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Oct 13, 2017