(Reuters) – Match-by-match facts and statistics ahead of the 35th round of the Premier League from April 30 to May 2 (all times in GMT): Saturday, April 30 Newcastle United v Liverpool (1130) * Liverpool have won 12 of their last 13 Premier League games, keeping a clean sheet in 10 of them. * Newcastle […]
Soccer-Bullet point previews of Premier League matches
(Reuters) – Match-by-match facts and statistics ahead of the 35th round of the Premier League from April 30 to May 2 (all times in GMT):
Saturday, April 30
Newcastle United v Liverpool (1130)
* Liverpool have won 12 of their last 13 Premier League games, keeping a clean sheet in 10 of them.
* Newcastle have won their last six league games at St James’ Park.
* Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah leads the goalscoring charts with 22 league goals, five ahead of Tottenham Hotspur’s Son Heung-min.
Watford vs Burnley (1400)
* Burnley and Watford played out a goalless draw in the reverse fixture at Turf Moor earlier this season.
* Watford have lost their last 10 matches at home in the league.
* Burnley have won only once in 16 away matches this season.
Southampton v Crystal Palace (1400)
* Crystal Palace have scored one goal in the last four games in all competitions.
* Southampton have only won one of their last eight games in the Premier League.
* The two teams drew 2-2 at Selhurst Park in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
Aston Villa v Norwich City (1400)
* Bottom side Norwich have won only one of their last 11 league games.
* Aston Villa have not won in their last five league matches. (L4 D1)
* Norwich lost 2-0 to Villa at home earlier this season.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion(1400)
* Wolves have not been held to a draw so far in 2022.
* Four of the last six games between the teams have ended in a draw.
* Wolves beat Brighton 1-0 at the Amex Stadium in the reverse fixture.
Leeds United v Manchester City (1630)
* City beat Leeds 7-0 earlier this season.
* Leeds are undefeated in their last five league games (W3 D2).
* Leeds are aiming to go six Premier League matches unbeaten for the first time since April 2021. They beat City in that run.
Sunday, May 1
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (1300)
* Spurs have only drawn once at home this season, a 2-2 draw against Liverpool in December.
* The teams have met 31 times in the Premier League, with Tottenham winning 14 and Leicester 12.
* Leicester have won one of their last 11 away league matches.
Everton v Chelsea (1300)
* The teams drew 1-1 earlier this season.
* Everton have won only one of their last five league games (L3 D1).
* The teams have played each other 59 times in the Premier League, with Everton winning 12 times and Chelsea 27 times.
West Ham United v Arsenal (1530)
* West Ham have not lost in their last six home games in the Premier League (W4 D2).
* West Ham have lost more Premier League matches against Arsenal (33) than against any other side in the competition.
* Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette has been involved in six goals in his last seven league appearances against West Ham.
Monday, May 2
Manchester United v Brentford (1900)
* Brentford have won five of their last seven games in the Premier League.
* United won 3-1 when the teams last met.
* Brentford’s Christian Eriksen has scored once and provided two assists since joining them after a long period of recovery following a heart attack.
(Compiled by Tommy Lund in Gdansk; Editing by Toby Davis)