By Yasmeen Abutaleb and Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump moved to undermine Obamacare dramatically late on Thursday by cutting off subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients, sparking threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets. The decision is the most dramatic action Trump has taken yet […]
Tencent executive expects WeChat Pay in every shop in China within two years
HONG KONG (Reuters) – An executive at Tencent Holdings Ltd, China’s biggest social media and online entertainment company, said on Friday he expects its mobile messaging app WeChat to provide electronic payment services in every Chinese shop within two years.
Tencent Vice-President Zhang Ying, who is also General Manager of WeChat Pay, made the comments at an industry conference in Hong Kong.
WeChat has more than 889 million monthly active users, according to Tencent’s annual report.
(Reporting By Sijia Jiang; Writing by Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Wildfires kill 17 in California wine country
Oct 11, 2017
- Trump strikes blow at Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
Oct 13, 2017
- Las Vegas hotel weighs fate of notorious 32nd floor suite
Oct 9, 2017
- At least 23 dead, hundreds missing, as winds fan California fires
Oct 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Fri, Oct 13, 2017