By Yasmeen Abutaleb and Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump moved to undermine Obamacare dramatically late on Thursday by cutting off subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients, sparking threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets. The decision is the most dramatic action Trump has taken yet […]
Trump met Stanford’s John Taylor in Fed chair search: official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald Trump met on Wednesday with Stanford University economist John Taylor in his search for a new chair of the Federal Reserve, a White House official said.
Trump was joined for the meeting by Vice President Mike Pence and members of his team helping in his search for a Fed chair, including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, the official told Reuters.
Trump is working from a short list that includes Jerome Powell, a Fed governor, Kevin Warsh, a former Fed governor, his top economic adviser Gary Cohn, and current Fed Chair Janet Yellen, whose term expires in February, sources have said.
(Reporting By Steve Holland; Editing by Andrew Hay)
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Trump strikes blow at Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
Oct 13, 2017
- Wildfires kill 17 in California wine country
Oct 11, 2017
- NFL to tackle protests as Trump decries ‘disrespectful’ players
Oct 16, 2017
- At least 23 dead, hundreds missing, as winds fan California fires
Oct 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Tue, Oct 10, 2017