By Yasmeen Abutaleb and Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump moved to undermine Obamacare dramatically late on Thursday by cutting off subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients, sparking threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets. The decision is the most dramatic action Trump has taken yet […]
Trump nominates Joint Chiefs chairman for 2nd term
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon says President Donald Trump has nominated Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford to serve a second two-year term as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Dunford completes his first term at the end of September. He originally was picked for the job by President Barack Obama. Most chairmen serve two, two-year terms.
By law, the Joint Chiefs chairman is the senior military adviser to the president and to the secretary of defense. He commands no troops.
During his presidential campaign, Trump boasted that he knew more than the generals about defeating the Islamic State group and suggested he might fire some of them.
- Trump nails Obamacare with decision to cut off billions in subsidies
Oct 13, 2017
- Wildfires kill 17 in California wine country
Oct 11, 2017
- Trump strikes blow at Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
Oct 13, 2017
- NFL to tackle protests as Trump decries ‘disrespectful’ players
Oct 16, 2017
- At least 23 dead, hundreds missing, as winds fan California fires
Oct 12, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Mon, Oct 9, 2017